As part of our commitment to the Python community, we are pleased to announce that we offer special grants for people in need of financial aid to attend PyCon Latam. Please follow the instructions below to apply for a grant.
PyCon Latam is a variant of the PyCon conference that aims to bring together python developers from all Latin American countries, serving as a platform for them to interface with the Python community at large.
The grant includes access to the conference, accommodation and meals.
Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid.
We will specifically take into account the following criteria in the selection process:
Contributors: potential speakers (people who submitted a proposal) and all who contribute to PyCon Latam and/or Python community projects.
Economic factors: we want everybody to have a chance to come to PyCon Latam, regardless of economic situation or income level.
Diversity: we seek the most diverse and inclusive event possible.
- The maximum total amount of grant will not exceed three nights at the hotel per person.
- If the applicant does not accept the grant before the mentioned deadline, the grant will be considered rejected by the applicant.
- The financial aid grants will only be made available to registered attendees actually attending the conference.
- Room transfers to other people are not possible.
If you find that you cannot attend the conference for some reason, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us, so that we can allocate the room to someone else.
- June 12th (2019-06-12) - open the grant submissions
- June 26th (2019-06-26) - the deadline for submitting the applications
- July 8th (2019-07-08) - applicants will be notified by e-mail about acceptance or rejection
- July 12th (2019-07-12) - deadline for applicants to accept the grant
Become a sponsor!
You or your company can support our opportunity grants initiative by becoming a sponsor.
Check the sponsor brochure for more information and contact email@example.com
See you at PyCon Latam in México!